Using a solution focused approach is a way of using different perspectives to resolve a specific situation or problem. College brief, university assignment, creative proposal… this list of prompts and questions may help you to resolve that project that you have become stuck with.
· What if we try……?
· Are there any other ways at looking at this?
· We could also…….
· Brainstorm ideas
· Put the work up on the wall, take a step back, have a tea break, look with fresh eyes
· Let’s look at the options, what’s the best possible option I am likely to achieve?
· Have I missed anything
· Can I make this work? Is it realistic?
· What could I adapt?
· Who else would know about this? Do I know anyone who has experience with this?
· Define the problem: what is the real issue?
· Desired outcome: what do I want?
· If I follow through with this option how will I feel?
· What is my final decision?
· Steps: what must I do? When? Where? With whom?
· Obstacles: what might get in the way and how will I deal with these?
· Evaluation: did it work? What would I do differently next time?
Printing this out and keeping it in your sketchbook or paperwork might be useful for future projects.